Sunday, December 2, 2018

Spellbinders Card Kit of the Month

Hi everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend! I'm excited to share a few projects with you today that feature the December Card Kit of the Month from Spellbinders! Here's a look at the items included in this month's kit:


The kit includes so many fun items! I really like how there is a variety of items that you can use including cardstock, patterned paper, a stamp set, die set, stickers, and quite a few different embellishments.

For my first card, I used the stamp set to create a fun and colorful card!


I started by stamping the three jars onto white cardstock. Then, I created a mask for the jar by stamping the jar onto a piece of scrap paper and cutting out the inside of the jar. I lightly taped the mask to the jars and stamped the different stars inside the jars. I used my Copic markers to color the stars and lids. For the jar in the middle, I stamped the sentiment in black ink and the snowflakes in Mermaid ink from Lawn Fawn. I also added a few enamel dots and a twine bow, which are also included in the card kit!


I trimmed a piece of patterned paper and attached it to a card base, and then attached the jars with foam tape. Here's a close up on the jars.


For my next card, I created a clean and simple card with the metal dies, glitter stickers and stamp set!


I started by attaching a piece of patterned paper to a white A2 sized card base. Then, I cut a piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than the card base. I arranged the gold glitter stickers to the middle of the card and also stamped the "holiday" part of the stamp set above the joy letters. I used the metal dies to cut the flower and branches from Raspberry and Noble Fir cardstock from Lawn Fawn. The  branches are attached with glue and the flower is attached with a foam tape. I finished the card by adding a twine bow along the top. The glitter stickers are so pretty!


 This last card features the metal dies that are included in the set! How cute is that polar bear!?


I created a long top fold card from a piece of white cardstock. The background is created by ink blending Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Oxide inks and spritzing it with water. I also cut the snowflakes from Peacock and Mermaid cardstock and attached them with glue to the background. I used another piece of white cardstock to cut a hillside and attached that to the card base.


The trees are cut from Noble Fir, Cilantro, and Paper Bag cardstock, and the sentiment is cut from Black Licorice cardstock. The polar bear is cut from the cardstock that is included in the kit. It's so cute that the die adds details to the polar's fur! Here's another look at the card:


I hope this has given you some inspiration for the cards that you can create with this kit! I can't wait to see what everyone creates with their kit. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)