Wednesday, December 12, 2018

LF Inspiration Week: Polka Heart Backdrop

Hi there! Today, the Lawn Fawn design team is featuring the new Polka Heart Backdrop!


I paired the new heart background with the new Let's Toast set to create a fun trio of cards!

To create the background for these cards, I used the Polka Heart Backdrop to create a stencil with a piece of acetate! The acetate works great because it's sturdy and it can be used multiple times! I started by ink blending the background in either Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick, or Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks. Then, I used the mask that I created to ink blend the hearts on top of the backgrounds in either Mustard Seed, Broken China, or Abandoned Coral oxide inks. It creates such a cute background and it gives you another way to use the backdrop die!


I stamped the sentiments onto Narwhal cardstock and die cut them with the Speech Bubbles dies. The images are all stamped onto white cardstock, colored with Copic markers, and die cut with the coordinating dies. I also added a piece of Woodgrain cardstock along the bottom to give the images something to sit on.


I finished the cards by adding a Stitched Scalloped Circle Frame around the scene. Here's a close up on one of the cards to show you the inked background that I created:


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have enjoyed all of the inspiration this week. All of the new products are available tomorrow, Thursday, December 13th at the Lawn Fawn store! I can't wait to see what you create!

Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute, love all the different cards you can make with this set

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)