Monday, January 7, 2019

Welcome Baby Elephant Card

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! I have a fun new baby card to share with you today!

I created this card for a friend who recently had a baby boy! This design was quick and easy, and could easily be made into a baby girl card, too!


I started by ink blending a simple background onto Brisol smooth cardstock. I used Broken China, Tumbled Glass, and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks on the background, and then lightly spritzed it with water. While that dried, I stamped the elephants from Wild For You (the elephant on the right is mirror stamped) and the leaves from Critters in the Jungle. I colored the images with green and gray copic markers, and then used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I arranged them onto the inked background and attached the upper leaves with glue and the rest of the elements with foam tape. Then, I created a border with the Large and Small Dotted Rectangle Stackables (you could also create a frame with the Stitched Rectangle Frames) and glued it along the edge of the scene. I finished the card by stamping a few hearts in Wild Rose ink and stamping the sentiment from Little Bundle.

I really like how cute this card turned out! I might create a few more to keep on hand for any upcoming new babies. :)


I hope this has inspired you to create something today! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)