Thursday, May 31, 2018

Happy Birthday to a Fungi

Hi everyone! I hope that you're all having a great week so far! We are enjoying the warm, summer weather and all of the fun activities that go with it (like bonfires, popsicles, and the kiddie swimming pool!) 

I have a fun birthday card to share with you today! Sometimes it is tough to create cards for the guys in our lives, but this card is simple and perfect for guys!


The "happy birthday to a" and the mushroom on the right are part of an exclusive set from Scrapbook.com a few years ago, but you can still create this card with other Lawn Fawn images that you may have. The other two mushrooms are from the Gleeful Gardens set and are colored with Copic markers. The sentiment is die cut from black cardstock with the Finley's ABCs die. The set Happy Happy Happy has sentiments that you could use to create the "happy birthday to a" sentiment in place of the exclusive set.


To create the background, I die cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock with the Stitched Square Stackable die and ink blended it with Mermaid ink. I used the Simple Grassy Hillsides for the grass and ink blended it with Cilantro ink. I also stamped some extra grass from the Mom + Me set in Cilantro ink to add some more details to the scene. Here's a close up on the card:


 This card makes me laugh every time I read this sentiment and I think it might become my go-to card for all the guys in my family! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)