Monday, July 21, 2014

Lawnscaping #86 - Watercoloring!

Happy Monday everyone! I hope that you had a nice weekend! I was able to spend some time visiting family, attending a bridal shower, and just relaxing! Ahh, summer! :)

Anyways, it's time again for a new Lawnscaping Challenge!


This challenge is to use watercoloring on your project! You can use whatever you have - crayons, Distress inks, paints, or whatever else! I was looking through my craft stash, and I found a set of Crayola watercolors, so that is what I used! Here are the cards that I made for this challenge:


This was the first time that I ever used watercolors and it is so much fun!! These cards feature Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Sea," "Chit Chat," and the coordinating "Chit Chat" die cuts. I also found a few sequins that matched the background colors, so I used those as well! The critters are colored with Prismacolor pencils and decorated with a white paint pen. The critters and speech bubbles are all attached with foam tape.

To create the backgrounds, I added some watercolors to an acrylic block and pressed it onto the paper. I lifted the block off of the paper, and then I used a paint brush with a little bit of water on it to spread the ink out and to mix the colors together a little bit. It is a super easy technique to try!

Here is a close up of each of the cards:


This one is my favorite! I just really like how the colors came together on the background! It goes so well with the sea turtle!


I am having so much fun adding white dots to my colored images! This octopus always makes me smile! :)


This one is my least favorite. It just feels like it is missing something. But I really like the blue and purple background!

So there you go! What do you think? I hope that you're able to play along with this challenge! Watercoloring is so popular and I can now see why! :)


The winner of this challenge will get a free stamp set from Lawn Fawn! And they're coming out with some new releases soon, so make sure that you enter!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

6 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these cards!!! the watercoloring is INCREDIBLE!!!! that background - swoon!! i SO want to try that!! and those little sea critters are SO cute!! i LOVE the white accents you added to them! i could look at these cards all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all 3 cards, so adorable! I think that's so cool you used Crayola watercolors and this was your first attempt at watercolor, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow brilliant set of cards. Totally in love, they are soooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these cards! Such a great idea to create such a vibrant background with watercolors. Super adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three cards have made me smile. Really lovely the way you have matched your water coloured background to your critters. I think they are great cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)