Wednesday, May 15, 2019

LF Inspiration Week: Tropical Backdrop, Sunrise Borders

Good morning! I hope you're all having a good week so far! Just a few more days until the Lawn Fawn summer release is available! Yay!!

Inspiration Week continues today with a look at some new dies!


This card features the new Tropical Backdrop and Sunrise Borders die. The Tropical Backdrop provides the frame, ground, and palm trees, and also includes the leaves and trunks for the trees. For this card, I used Distress Oxide ink to ink blend the beach and trees.

The Sunrise Borders die creates a really pretty detail for the background. I used Distress Oxide inks to ink blend a sunset sky, die cut it with the new sunrise die, and attached all of the pieces to a white card base. It's neat that you can use the die with the piece between the sun rays or without. I added a few clouds in the sky and also added a few clear sequins.

I used the new Stitched Simple Wavy Borders die to add some ocean waves behind the palm trees and sandy beach. Then, I added a boat and critters from the new Smooth Sailing set. I can't get over how cute those little critters are! I really hope that there are more of those critters in the future!

The sentiment is from the Outside In Stitched Speech Bubbles die. I cut three layers of the sentiment and glued them together so that it stands out a little bit from the scene. Here's a closer look at the card:


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like the card! Check out the Lawn Fawn blog for more inspiration! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! The colors in the sunrise are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)