Tuesday, May 14, 2019

LF Inspiration Week: Smooth Sailing, Stitched Simple Wavy Borders

Hi everyone! The Lawn Fawn summer release and inspiration week continues today! All of the new products will be available on Thursday, May 16th, so start making your wish list!

Today, we are sharing inspiration with the new Smooth Sailing stamp set. The cutest part about this set is the little critters that hang out of the boat!


This card also features the new Stitched Simple Wavy Borders die. I die cut the waves and ink blended them with Distress Oxide inks. I also used the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders to die cut a sandy beach for the light house. I lightly ink blended the sky and stamped a few birds and added some clouds.


The boats are all stamped onto white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I used a white gel pen to add some details to the sails, and then added a critter to each boat. It's so cute that they hang over the edge of the boat!

To finish the card, I stamped a few waves in the ocean. I also white heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock, die cut it with an Everyday Sentiment Banner, and attached it with foam tape. That's my favorite sentiment from this new set, haha!!


I hope you like the card! I found out that it's hard to photograph a slim line card when I'm so used to A2 sized cards, haha!

Make sure to visit the Lawn Fawn blog for more inspiration and check back here tomorrow for another card! :)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! I love the size of it - always great to do a different size or shape of card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)