Wednesday, December 11, 2019

LF Inspiration Week: XOXO Backdrop

Good morning! It's the last day of the Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week! All of the new products will be available at the Lawn Fawn store tomorrow, Thursday, December 12th! Yay!


Today, the design team is sharing inspiration that features the new XOXO Backdrop die. For my card, I used the backdrop die to cut acetate to create a reusable stencil! I love to use my dies to create stencils that I can use over and over again!


I started by taking a white cardstock panel and adding a bunch of hearts with the Just Stitching Hearts die. I made sure that a few of the hearts overlapped to help fill up the background. I used the stitching hearts and scrap paper to make a mask for each of the hearts and ink blended them with light ink. I taped down the heart mask and then laid the XOXO stencil that I created on top and ink blended with a darker ink for each of the hearts. I love the little xoxo's that are in the background!

To create the sentiment, I die cut the black sparkle cardstock with the Scripty Love die and attached it to the card. The "sending" is from the Stud Puffin stamp set and is white heat embossed onto black cardstock and attached with foam tape. I added the cardstock panel to a white card base and finished by adding a few clear sequins to the background. Here's a closer look at the card:


Thank you so much for visiting and for all of your comments this week! I can't wait to see what everyone creates with the new products!

I hope you all have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)