Monday, February 16, 2015

Lawnscaping #100 - Birthday Celebration!!



Hi everyone!! Today is a super special day because it is Lawnscaping's 100th challenge!! We are all so excited and we wanted to celebrate in an extra special way, so each of the girls on the design team invited a special party guest to play along with us today!


The theme is birthday/celebration! Like I mentioned above, each of the girls invited a special guest to the party, and my guest is Allison Patrizio!! She is so sweet and I'm so glad that we've become friends through crafting! She always creates the cutest scenes for her cards, and she definitely did that again for this card! Here is the card that Allison created for the party:


Isn't that birthday scene just adorable?! I really like how she added the smaller whale to the scene and all of the birthday hats on the critters! And the detail that she added on the bubbles is such a cute idea! Be sure to stop by her blog to read more about her card!

And here is the card that I created for this challenge:


I have really liked the look of inlaid die cutting, so I wanted to give it a try! It's so easy and super fun! This card features Lawn Fawn's "Bannerific," and "Happy Everything" stamp sets, as well as the "Hearts" die cuts and silver sparkle Lawn Trimmings. I started by die cutting a bunch of hearts on the white card stock panel. Then, I die cut a bunch of hearts from different patterned papers. To get the hearts to stay in place, I used a little bit of tape on the back of the card stock so that they don't fall out! Then, I finished the card by adding the sentiment, twine, and some sequins. I really like how it turned out!

Don't forget to stop by the Lawnscaping Challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team and their guests created for this challenge! There is a TON of inspiration on the blog this week and I really hope that you'll be inspired to play along! The winner will receive a free stamp set from Lawn Fawn (and it's perfect timing since the new products will be released this week!!)


Thanks for stopping by! Have a good day! :)

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet birthday card. Your heart inlaid die cutting is perfection...what a great idea! Adorable!! Thanks again for inviting me to the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing cards!! your inlaid die card is AWESOME! love the pops of color! so pretty! and Allison's birthday card is awesome! i love the waves and circle scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are super cute, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card Elise I love all this hearts and the colors!! Very nice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)