Monday, April 7, 2014

Lawnscaping #79 - Try a New Technique

 Happy Monday everyone! Time for a new Lawnscaping Challenge! :)


The challenge is to create a card/project using a technique that you have never tried before! It sounds intimidating, but it's actually a great way to practice some new skills and maybe find a new technique that you enjoy!

The technique that I tried is partial die cutting! Here is my card:


The card did not turn out as well as I had hoped, but it was a great technique to learn! I taped the "smile" die cuts onto the yellow paper and only die cut until I was close to the bottom of the letters. That way they are still attached to the yellow paper! Then, I (carefully!) used an x-acto knife to cut a straight line between the letters and to the edge of the paper. 

This card features Lawn Fawn's "Good Fortune" stamp set, gold sparkle Lawn Trimmings, Stitched Scalloped Border die, and Cole's ABCs die. I also used the heart die from the "Trim the Tree" set to die cut a heart from cork! That is also a new technique that I tried! :)

Simon Says Stamp Store Blinkie photo SSS_09_2103_zpsc2c6b992.gif

Simon Says Stamp is the sponsor for this challenge and the winner will receive a $25 gift certificate! Don't forget to play along! And don't forget to see the other projects from the Lawnscaping Design Team! Everyone tried some awesome techniques! :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Monday! :)

6 comments:

  1. This technique is bit tricky but I love the results and your card looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I LOVE it!! I have not yet tried that technique! I"m too scared! Lol! I love how it turned out for you!! It's genius! Ans the little but of twine is just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is fabulous Elise!! I think you mastered the technique already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design is fabulous Elise! I tried that once but failed miserably! You made me want to try again!
    Have a great day, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks amazing! LOVE the design! I definitely want to try that technique soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! I've never tried this technique - you made it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)