Saturday, August 31, 2013

You and Me

Hello everyone! I feel bad that I haven't been able to share projects with you lately, but life has been a little bit stressful recently. Work has been really rough for the past few weeks, but things should be getting better soon!

I have a card to share with you today that I made for a Paper Crafts submission that did not get picked up. For this card, I stamped the sentiment twice to give it some dimension!


Here is a close up on the sentiment. I stamped the top image first and then cut out masks of the letters so that I could stamp the back layer. I connected some of the points and colored the letters with a gray colored pencil.


For this card I used Lawn Fawn's "Quinn's ABCs," "Blue Skies," and "A Birdie Told Me." The washi tape is from Freckled Fawn and the patterned paper is from Basic Grey. What do you think?

Do you have anything fun planned for the long weekend? We have some cleaning to do today, a picnic to go to tomorrow, and a baseball game to watch on Monday! It should be a fun-filled weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. What were they thinking by not picking up this card??!!! It is awesome! The double stamping to create the shadow is brilliant!! Hope things get better at work SOON!! Have fun at the game and the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to dress up those letters!! Super cute, Elise! Hope work quiets down and you have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this card? I love it! Such a clever technique with the letters. Praying life settles down a bit so you can get back to making more wonderful crafty things to inspire us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)