Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge #31

Good evening! I've been meaning to post this card, but of course I wait until late at night. I should be in bed, so I'll make this quick!


I made this card for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge. The challenge is to make a card that incorporates coloring with whatever you want to use. I chose to use colored pencils - my favorite! Of course I had to use the Gnome Sweet Gnome set, so here's my card:


I colored the flamingos with colored pencils and made the "male" flamingo a darker color than the "female." There were a lot of first for me in this card. This was the first time that I tried mirror stamping and I think it turned out pretty well! This was also my first attempt at distressing paper! I found some sandpaper and I distressed the edges of the yellow paper and it was really fun! I might start using mirror stamping and distressing more often!

I also made this card for the latest CAS-ual Friday Challenge, which was to create a card based on a song. I obviously chose "You Are my Sunshine" and I think it's fitting because we've had some gorgeous weather here lately!

Well, thanks for stopping by! Good night!

7 comments:

  1. I love those paper pieced rays! Great idea!!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I adore the color choices and the creative background! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much to love about this card, the bright colors, the sun rays, the mirror stamping. And the lettering. It's all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear goodness, this card is so fun! Love the bright colors and the fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This card caught my eye at the little thumbnail! How gorgeous! Love the bright patterned paper you used and paired it with the adorable flamingos! Your sentiment is fantastic! Love how you did the word "sunshine" - LOTS of inspiration here! Love it!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this card! Great coloring on the flamingos and I love your use of patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe.. love the rays behind the cute flamingo.. :)
    Hugs
    Alison
    Owner-The Alley Way Stamps
    www.thealleywaystamps.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)