Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Floral Felt Headbands

Hi everyone! I hope that you're having a good week so far! It is suppose to be really cold here this week, with the real feel temperatures reaching 20 degrees below zero! Brr!

I have a fun project to share with you today! I have been busy making headbands for my daughter and her little sister, who should be arriving any day now!


I used the Flower Power die set from Lawn Fawn to cut all of the flower petals and leaves. The two largest flower petals are used to create the felt flowers with the white center, and I only used the large die for the flowers with the black center.


All of the felt, except for the black felt, are from Secret Garden color palette from Benzie Design. That color set is perfect for creating flowers! The black felt is just whatever I had in my craft stash, and I'm pretty sure it came from Michael's or Joann's. 


I also used the White Felt Pom-Poms from Benzie Design for the inside of some of the flowers. To create the black inside for the other set of flowers, I cut a strip of black felt, hot glued it together length wise, cut slits in the felt, and then rolled the felt to create the inside petals. Here's a link to a picture tutorial on how to create the insides here! I created the Loopy Flowers and adjusted how much I wanted for the inside of the flowers.


Once the flowers were done, I hot glued them to a tan nylon headband. I may take a few and attach them to hair clips for my older daughter.


These are so easy to create with the Lawn Fawn dies and Benzie felt! Which style do you like better? I can't decide between the two sets!

Thanks so much for stopping and have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)