Friday, November 9, 2018

Spellbinders Layered Butterflies

Hi everyone! I hope you had a nice week! Daylight saving really messed with my kid's sleep schedules, but I think they're finally adjusted to the new time. Whew!

I have a colorful card to share with you today that features the new clear stamps from Spellbinders!


I'm so honored to be able to play with these new products, because they're so cute! For this card, I used the Layered Butterflies and stamped them in some colorful inks! The inks for the butterflies are all from Lawn Fawn - Peachy Keen, Ballet Slippers, Lemonade, Sunflower, Freshly Cut Grass, Celery Stick, Forget-me-not, Mermaid, Grape Soda, and Fresh Lavender. I first stamped the butterflies onto white cardstock in the lighter shade, then stamped the second layer in a darker ink, added a few details with a white gel pen, and then fussy cut them out.


To create the background, I ink blended Distress Oxides inks onto Bristol smooth cardstock  (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Stormy Sky) and spritzed it with water. I trimmed the inked panel to fit onto an A2 sized card base. The sentiment is from the new Sentimental Words set and is stamped in black ink. I really like the bold, script sentiments included in that set! The butterflies are attached with glue dots and slightly curved so that they look like they're flying. I finished the card by adding a few clear sequins and stars.


Check out the rest of the new stamps at Spellbinders! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)