Saturday, October 2, 2021

WCMD with Ellen Hutson

 Hello friends! Happy World Card Making Day! Are you making cards today to celebrate? We're going camping with family, so there won't be any card making for me today, but I can't wait to see what everyone creates today!

I have a card to share today with the a new Ellen Hutson stamp set called Bear Ware Grand Tour by Julie! This travelling bear is just so cute and I like there are so many accessories for the bear and different places for him to travel to!



My bear decided to travel to France today! I started by stamping and coloring the bear and images with Copic markers. Using the coordinating die cuts, I cut out the images and set them to the side while I worked on the background.


For stamp sets that have lots of cute, little images, I like to stamp the images onto cardstock to create my own patterned paper! I started with a piece of kraft cardstock and stamped the images in various places with embossing ink. When you stamp in embossing ink, it creates a water mark look on whatever color you use.


After the background was created, I arranged the bear and images, and attached them with foam tape. The sentiment is white heat embossed onto black cardstock to make it stand out against the busy background. I finished by adding a few clear jewels around the images and tying a twine bow along the top. 


You can see the new Ellen Hutson release here and see all of the inspiration that everyone has created! I wonder where the bear will travel to next.....

Thanks for visiting friends and I hope you all have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)