Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Merry Mice with Lawn Fawn and Chibitronics

Hi friends! Lawn Fawn has a fun surprise for you all today! They have teamed up with Chibitronics to bring you this adorable, exclusive stamp set and card making kit! The kit includes a medium sized stamp set, coordinating dies, lights, template, and easy-to-follow instructions. The kit is available at Lawn Fawn and the Chibitronic stores while supplies last!


I created an outdoor scene for the mice to decorate their Christmas tree. The images are all stamped onto white cardstock with Jet Black ink and colored with Copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut out the images and to add the hole in the star for the light. Then, I used white embossing powder for part of the sentiment and Finley's ABCs dies for the "mice" all with black cardstock. The "mice" letters were coated with the LF glitter pen for some extra sparkle.


The background was created by heat embossing the snow from the Snowy Backdrops stamp set. Then, I ink blended the background with Peacock and Blue Jay ink. I created a snowy hillside with the Stitched Hillside Borders die from white cardstock, and I also created a frame by cutting out the tree from the Leafy Tree Backdrop die. Once the scene was created, I lined up the front panel with a white card base and used a pencil to mark where the light needed to go. I created a simple circuit with the Chibitronics kit, placed the battery to make sure that the circuit worked, and then added two layers of foam tape around the battery and all over the card base. Then, I attached the front panel to the base! It's so satisfying to push that little present and see the star light up!


Here's a closer look at the card with the star lit up. My daughter had a lot of fun being a hand model for me, haha! I also think she might try to sneak this card to keep in her room and play with at night!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Check out the Lawn Fawn blog for more inspiration using this stamp set and card kit, and don't forget to order the kit at the Lawn Fawn store before supplies run out! Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)