Friday, August 12, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #52

Well, here is my card for this weeks CASE Study Challenge. The challenge was to create a card based on inspiration from a card in the CASE Study gallery. I didn't go very far to look because my inspiration came from Clare Buswell's card (which happened to be right at the beginning of the post). I loved the colors that Clare used and I thought they would be perfect for a wedding or anniversary card (hmm... similar to another card I made recently!). And, of course, it gave me another reason to use black ribbon.



Sorry for the picture quality. I'm trying to find a better spot and lighting to use for the pictures.



Here is a close up of my card that turned out better than the first picture. Thanks again for looking and have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. This is an excellent card! You did an excellent job balancing the various patterns without making it appear too busy. This is not a card I have come to expect from you because I know you prefer that your cards are more clean and simple, but you stepped outside of your comfort zone admirably and delivered with an amazing card. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black ribbon is a simply elegant addition to your already gorgeous card...a wonderful CASE of Clare's! Great layers and beautiful papers! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gorgeous black ribbon adds that touch of sophistication and elegance to a very classy card!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful CASE, the colours are so elegant, perfect for so many occasions! the big gorgeous bow tops it all off brilliantly!
    Thanks for sharing with us at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)